Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Girls just wanna have fun!

Turning 30 does not mean that you can't still party like it is 1980!Let's just say, What a party!!! Our sweet friend Jen turned 30 and her mother and sister decided to throw her a surprise party with all of her best of friends. The theme "Girls Just Want To Have Fun!" We all dressed up and surprised her and had the honor of dressing her up. We had dinner and later played "The Amazing 80's Race" that Jill and Gayle put together for us. We were sent all over W.J. (our stomping grounds) to perform tasks so we could get our next clue. We visited the high school and had to choreograph a dance and perform. Sing the fight song for Ambers parents in their home. Visit the old Sconecutter where we use to hang after games and answer questions about high school and devour a milk shake. We had to make and star in a music video to girls just want to have fun outside of our old Jr. High. We then visited a store that a lot of us all worked at "Shopko" and had to find 20 items for under $30. We ended up back at Jens mom's house where we had to yell "We love the eighties." We had a lot of fun. How blessed I am to have such WONDERFUL friends. After all these years we still love to get together. We laugh at all of our dumb jokes and love to reminisce about funny old memories. I can't wait to see what Gayle and Jill have planned for our 40th. j/k.
Kristen took home the trophy this night. Her hair was RAD!

Hot Stuff!


Class of the 1980's




9 comments:

Craig*Monica said...

I see you used your tulle skirt making skills, and put them to use that evening!!! You look marvelous! Looked like a lot of fun, as usual. You and your friends know how to do a party right!

Kade and Katie said...

how fun! i love it! you do have a great group of friends, and you all look HOT for the 80's!

Trace said...

I love the yearbook photos. I am totally copying/pasting it on to my blog post right now. Good times. Good times. Our children have no idea what they were born into do they?

Errin said...

Oh my...you all look totally
80's! You all look great. I would have loved to watch you all do the "race". I bet you gave people a good laugh!

kristi and family said...

i loved it, loved it... and you looked HOT... i love your yearbook photos.. i am going to have to steal it...

Amber Burt said...

So fun, I love that you can see through your tights-totally HOT!!! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

McKell said...

You guys look awesome. I think it's awesome that you still get together with all your friends.

Desiree Hansen said...

HOW FUN!! You are so lucky to have such a great group of high school friends still. You all looked super cool.

Kristen said...

Oh my heck, that picture of you in the "yearbook" is histerical!!!! Did you come up with the yearbook idea? It's awesome! I'm counting down the days until sweater night!